Are you ready to take a progressive leap with your career?
Avellio partners with leading-edge European businesses active in quantitate and predicative analytics.
Whether you're looking for a permanent, contract or interim job, we can provide you with unique inside perspectives on your next employer, along with personal career consultancy, enabling you to leverage the odds of landing your dream job.
Featured below are a sample of our current assignments - March 2018.
our professional consultants have a blend of both recruitment and industry client-side experience, transcending broad commerce & industry, retail & trade finance.
Domain Expertise & Reach
Data Science, analytics, Machine LEarning, AI, ALGO Trading, consumer Insight.
Quant Risk Modeller
LONDON / £ COMP / FINANCE
Quant Fixed Income Risk Modeller
London based financial firm is looking for a Quantitative Fixed Income Portfolio Research Analyst. The firm is expanding its Quantitative Risk team that builds portfolio management, risk and attribution models to identify, measure and reduce risk across asset classes, and gain a consistent view of performance and risk.
- Design and Develop Fixed Income Factor Models and Fixed Income Portfolio Analytics
- Research new methods for capturing prepayment risk exposure, and evaluating risk/reward, portfolio optimization and performance attribution across for a structured Fixed Income Portfolio
- Developing and Test Risk Management methodologies
- Implement fixed income models in Python
- Analyzing exposures using stress testing and VAR techniques
- Work closely with technology to implement these models
- Applicants should have 5+ years of experience
- An advanced quantitative degree (PhD preferred) (Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Econometrics)
- Experience building Fixed Income factor models and portfolio analytical models using Python and SQL
- Experience with large data sets
- Strong Knowledge of Fixed Income Structured markets, pricing and analytics is required.
AMSTERDAM / € COMP / FINANCE
Data Scientist - Hedge Fund
Amsterdam based quantitative fund is looking for an accomplished predictive modeler/data scientist to work independently and develop investment strategies based on their own data mining efforts.
- Build Predictive Models to identify global equity investment opportunities
- Will work independently and remotely to generate investment signals
- Must have previous work experience in the financial markets
- Uncover unique investment strategies by utilizing your predictive modeling skills acquired in quant analytics
- Must have proven experience and recognized success in predictive modeling competitions, (KDD Cup, Netflix Prize, Data-Mining Cup, M Competition)
- Client will only look at candidates with previous banking, finance or investment experience
- Must have 5+ years of hands on experience as a data scientist or predictive modeler in analytics areas.
- The firm will provide hands-on coaching and mentoring and state of the art data analytic tools and software
- The firm is offering a competitive compensation which would include a base salary and a bonus that would be based on the returns on the strategies that you generate. The upside could be very high.
Senior Quant Analyst
GENEVA / € COMP / FINANCE
Senior Quantitative Trading Analyst
Geneva based quantitative fund is looking for an accomplished predictive modeler/data scientist to work independently and develop investment strategies based on their own data mining methodologies.
The Senior Quantitative Trading Analyst will work on developing, running and maintaining algorithmic trading systems and strategies that have a direct and measurable impact to trading. The role requires working across the full spectrum of financial trading data science related disciplines, spanning data analysis, quantitative trading model research and implementation. This person will work on our clients trading desk to help identify strategic opportunities, building and improving their trading strategies.
- Analyse financial time series data with fundamental statistics theories
- Analyse trading performance
- Manage and supervise trading systems in live market
- Analyse market data and trade data using Q, R, C++ and Python
- Conduct analysis of proprietary trading strategies and present resulting data
- Ability to manage risk and detailed knowledge of all risk procedures
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Financial model construction, back-testing, maintenance and improvement
- Master in Computational Finance, Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, or Financial Statistics
- 2+ years of experience in designing, developing and modifying algorithmic trading strategies, using scientific
- 2+ years of data analytics experience with at least one of these data science tools: Q(kdb), R, Matlab, C++, Python
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing accelerated market data analytics and back testing systems
- 2+ Experience conducting micro analysis of market data streams
- 2+ years of experience with Vertical / Column Databases (kdb preferred)
MUNICH, GERMANY / € COMP / RETAIL
We are looking to appoint a Data Scientist with our German multi-national retail client. As one of the largest premium retailers in Europe they are looking to strengthen their data analytics team to create new retail insights that enable them to better anticipate and serve the needs of their discerning customers. This is a traditional Data Science, whereby the incoming data expert will create analytics and present findings using advanced visualisation techniques, build Advanced Analytics apps, and narrate interesting stories that stakeholders can relate to, by harnessing scientific methods in a data driven fashion to solve business problems. This will help transform the clock-speed of the organisation by enabling insights in near real-time, so that the lead-time to action is as short as entirely possible.
- Data exploration: Constructing useful metrics and organising data incl. wrangling.
- Mathematical modelling: Working with the Sr. Data Scientist to create models of the relationships in data.
- Maintenance: Error handling and testing of analytics code.
- Visualisation: Responsible for depicting exploratory and explanatory relationships in Big Data.
- Track record in research and particularly within data science.
- Experience with the Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Python, R, RStudio, Shiny.
- Practical knowledge of Data Visualisation for business processes.
- Good understanding of Machine Learning (Supervised Learning and Unsupervised Learning).
- Experience with agile environments (e.g. SCRUM teams).
- B.Sc., M.Sc. degree or similar (a PhD is a strong bonus).
Retail Data Scientist
STOCKHOLM / SEK COMP / RETAIL
Senior Retail Data Scientist
Avellio is working on a retained assignment for a Swedish retailer, founded in the 1950's, they are one of Sweden's largest retail chains, with more than 700 stores across the Nordic region and wider EU, employing more than 100,000 people.
The business employs cutting edge technology to drive insight, with combined digital, e-commerce, loyalty, and customer divisions team and has been created to meet the changing nature of how customers shop. Through stores, online and apps, the business is focused on making it easy for customers to shop in a way that suits them using one of the most sophisticated personalisation engines in the world.
As a Senior Data Scientist, your responsibilities will include-
- Work closely with key stakeholders to build predictive models aligned to the business and marketing objectives.
- Develop, maintain and enhance advanced statistical and machine learning models (GLM, Random Forests, GBM, xGBoost, etc) to drive Rewards marketing strategies and tactical executions.
- Responsible for the end-to-end capability including scoping, building, testing, implementation, maintenance, tracking and optimisation of business models.
- Responsible for complete and accurate documentation of all development.
- Work with various stakeholders including WOW IT and Solutions team to implement business model output and automate where required.
- Develop, maintain and enhance variety of customer segmentation models to uncover business customer insights.
- Interpret analysis and modelling results in a business context and provide commercially focussed advice to support business decision makers.
- Maintain and enhance the modelling data mart to ensure efficient and accurate modelling process.
- 7 to 10 years experience developing analytical models in commercial environments, preferably exposure to Sales and Marketing.
- Ideally experience in retail vertical markets (not essential).
- Very strong analytical, statistical and modelling skills, with experience manipulating and making sense of big data from disparate systems.
- Experience in developing class-leading algorithms to drive commercial outcomes.
- Proven experience in advanced analytical methodology such as Machine Learning.
- Advanced working knowledge of analytical tools - R, Python, Scala, Matlab.
- Exposure to Big Data platforms, such as Hadoop and Spark, an advantage.
- Experience with SQL essential; exposure to Redshift or Terradata preferred.
- Experience in working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams of data scientists and/or analysts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Tertiary qualified in relevant discipline (Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science)
LONDON / £ COMP / FINANCE
Quantitative Modeler (OTC Derivatives)
London based quantitative fund is looking for an accomplished predictive modeler/data scientist to work independently and develop investment strategies based on their own data mining methodologies.
A Major financial firm with offices in London is seeking a Sr. Financial Engineer with quantitative experience working with OTC Interest Rate Derivatives models for structuring, valuation and risk analysis.
- Work with Portfolio and Risk Managers on identifying the best models to be used for pricing vanilla and exotic OTC Interest Rate Derivatives
- Work with Portfolio and Risk Managers on fine tuning existing OTC Derivatives pricing, structuring, hedging and risk models
- Identify aspects of the OTC Derivatives (Vanilla and Exotic) models in the library that may need to be tweaked, altered or fixed
- PhD in a Quantitative Field (Math, Finance, Engineering, Physics)
- 4+ years of financial engineering, structuring or trading OTC Derivatives including Options, Swaps and/o Structured Notes
- Must have strong quantitative skills to understand complex OTC valuation, risk and hedging models and to know if the model’s results are accurate
- Must have a deep understanding of how derivatives models work and is current on market conventions for pricing and hedging OTC Interest Rate products including Options (Vanilla and Exotic)
- Must have superior communication skills and the ability to communicate complex quantitative issues to groups and individuals
- Must have demonstrated experience using pricing platforms like Bloomberg, Numerix, Markit
- Must have- current C++, Matlab skills
Master Data Analyst
COPENHAGEN / DKK COMP / RETAIL
Master Data Analyst
We are seeking an experienced Master Data Analyst to join our clients commercial finance team in Copenhagen Denmark on a 6 month fixed term contract. In a fast paced and dynamic environment, your primary responsibility will be to administrate all product related master data within the company including the collection, verification and maintenance of data in SAP.
Reporting to the Master Data Manager, you’ll be part of a small team that maintain the accuracy and continual flow of business critical data. Your key focus will be to support all master data related aspects of new product development (NPD) including:
- Coordination of collection of all relevant material attributes (Product hierarchy, dimension, weight, shipper configuration etc.)
- Coordination of collection of all relevant information from internal sources: Intercompany Prices, BOM, Routing (Labour hours / Machine hours), Overhead allocations, Freight, Duty.
- Coordination of collection of any relevant information from suppliers (Packaging, Raw material.
- Create material codes in SAP.
- Maintain all master data records in SAP.
- Support the coordination and management of the collection and maintenance of master data information from internal systems for the purpose of sending to trading partners via GS1net.
- Experience in a master data, administration role.
- Exposure to FMCG environment highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Working knowledge of GS1net highly regarded.
- Data and corporate systems literacy Business process orientation.
- High Level of organisational and time management skills.
- Team orientation - cooperative and effective interaction with colleagues at all levels of managemen.
- Basic Project Management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Competent with MS Outlook, Word and Intermediate to Advanced Excel.
- Degree Qualified preferred.
Thank you for browsing our 'Featured Roles'. We have numerous additional client requirements with leading companies and consultancies that are private hiring assignments.
Please call to discuss in confidence: 0207 193 9055.